Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Predictions recap

So how'd we do with the predictions?

I said the Senate would be 52-48 Democrat. I expected (hoped) that either Tennessee or Arizona might fall to the Democrats, but alas, it was not to be. And now with Rummy heading into the sunset, there was concern about the Lieberman issue, but Bush has picked former CIA chief Bob Gates to head the Pentagon. So the Senate prediction - pretty good.

House of Representatives: 233 Democrats, 202 Republicans. There are still ten races yet to be decided in the House (including two seats where the incumbents face a runoff elections - Jefferson (D) in Louisiana and Bonilla (R) in Texas). The current count is 229 Democrats and 196 Republicans. The remaining ten races will likely go (another prediction here, I know) 3D, 7R. That would make the final count of the new House 232 Democrats and 203 Republicans. Not bad, only missed it by one and I might not have missed it if one of those races goes my way.

Governors. I said 29 Dem 21 GOP. That looks like I will be one off here as well. Tim Pawlenty has yet to be declared the winner in Minnesota but if he prevails it will be 28 Dems and 22 for the GOP. Where did I miss? Alaska. I really thought the known quantity of Tony Knowles would beat out newbie Sarah Palin. But that's the cold white north for ya.

No comments: