Monday, December 04, 2006

Bayh Says Aye

While former Senator Tom Daschle (D-SD) retreats to the sidelines, announcing he will not run for the presidency in 2008, the "Republicrat" from Indiana has announced plans to seek the top job. Evan Bayh, son of Birch, has announced plans to form an exploratory committee and make a candidacy announcement early in the new year.

I applaud this move. I have been telling anyone who will listen that the Democrats will not win back the White House with another Northeastern liberal. Take a look at the two last Democratic presidents - Arkansas and Georgia. The successful candidate will come from a red state with a proven record of winning. Bayh has served as both Governor of Indiana and as its Senator.

I grew up in the Northeast. But I like winning, too. Today, Evan's my guy.

No comments: